Monday, January 11, 2010

Detox day 5, 6 & 7!!

I finally finished my detox successfully!!!! *Pat* on the back for myself. I am impressed with myself that I reached the last day without cheating...VERY impressive!! =D So here's how my final days of detoxing turned out...

Day 5, had a 8oz piece of steak for lunch (wasn't satisfying at all and reminded me why I don't eat red meat), then for dinner I had some roasted chicken meat and broiled fish with tomatoes, tomatoes, tomatoes. That was pretty satisfying except that I got full really fast, almost wasn't able to have a bowl of the soup but my instructions said make sure to have at least one bowl of soup this day, so I had a small one. Felt very stuffed, but I can tell my eating habits has already started to change.

Day 6, I can have as much meat and veggies as I want. Even as much as 3 pieces of steak!! There was no way I could've went for another piece of steak so I had broiled chicken and steamed fish this day with lots of leafy greens. It was a good day! Didn't feel like a deprived child, I was a happy camper! Only thing I noticed about this day was, I started craving sweets a little and I was really thirsty. Another thing noted in the instructions is that my digestive system wouldn't be regular and they were very right. I was allowed to have bran or fiber, but I didn't.

Day 7, stuff, stuff, stuff myself with brown rice, veggies, and unsweetened juice. Very weird to say, but the brown rice was more satisfying than the meat! I felt full but not sluggish and my digestive system started working again, yay!! =) I had some watermelon juice with no sugar added and that was very nice to quench my thirst while also satisfying my sweet craving. This was a good day, felt good, and very proud of myself!!

Results: I feel much healthier, a lot more energy, body feels lighter (and actually lost 5lbs!!), and acquired a new perspective towards food. I realized how my body feels according to what I eat and how most processed foods out there are either too sweet or too salty. My skin (something that I didn't mention much during this entire time) was definitely detoxing with my body. As I always say, our skin is a mirror to our health, all the clogging from the holiday festivities and food started surfacing so it wasn't pretty, but now it is in the healing process. Now most important question that is probably on everybody's mind, will I gain back those 5lbs after going back to regular food? I am trying to be more conscientious with what I eat, so we'll have to see! I hope to do this once a month...that'll be my next challenge.

I'll give you and update on my weight and skin soon, so see you next time on my journey to beautiful skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment