Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Detox!!!

Holidays are always the time of the year when we let ourselves go a bit...until you realize all of your jeans are fitting a bit tight and you can't stop talking about how horrible your skin looks. Yes...it's that time of the year when we over indulge on just a little more fried turkey, one more bite of cake, and maybe...half more glass of champagne. So now that it's over and we look at ourselves in the mirror while setting those gut wrenching new year's resolutions, we have a choice to forget everything all together and just continue on with life like nothing ever happened OR you dive into making the first change eyes closed, jaw clenched, and nose up!

Well after many years of pretending like nothing happened (just because something called youth allowed me to) this year my body gave me a reality check in oh so subtle but super noticeable ways...such as, taking almost the entire week to recover from just one night of living my so called "youth" or seeing that extra bite of cake hang over my jeans like it never did before or that quarter inch wrinkle that one day decided to make my forehead it's resting spot! I know...I know...many of you are probably thinking "what is she talking about!?! she's still a baby!!" BUT you have to admit, the most noticeable changes happen between late 20's into early 30's. Not only do we mature mentally, but there really is a shift in our hormones once the big 30 comes along...I'm sure scientifically, everybody is different. But I think I've worked with enough clients from all different walks of life to make this statement, that our body just isn't the same anymore as we approach 30...do you agree?

So to start being healthier this year, I've decided to start my first week of 2010 by doing a detox. We've always heard about numerous different ones, healthy/unhealthy, total cleansing/fad diets, whatever people can take it as. I know myself well and I know I love food too much to go on any liquid detoxes, or apple detox, etc. so I decided to do one that my mom had given me a while ago. Her friend's doctor had given it to her friend and my mom saw great results from it so she decided to pass it along to me. When I firs saw it, I was thinking...not another crazy fad diet that probably won't work...but as I read the directions, I realized it wasn't too bad at all. You don't starve yourself in any way and every day of the detox changes so you don't get bored and fall off the band wagon. It's a 7-day detox, absolutely no alcohol is allowed only water, unsweetened tea, cranberry juice, and skim milk allowed. The main recipe is a cabbage soup that includes tomatoes, green onion, celery, and green bell pepper (it doesn't taste bad at all!) The soup can be eaten whenever and however much you like, it says the more you eat the more you lose. I am currently on my second day and will document each day as I go...wish me luck!!

First day: Only fruits! All the fruits I want (except bananas) and as much soup as I want.
I gotta say...the first day is usually the hardest! Since I was only eating fruits and the soup, it was a lot of liquids. I had to use the bathroom a lot and each time I did, I got hungry again!! But I made it through...

Second day: Only raw vegetables and the soup. No corn, dry beans, and peas. No fruits. I can have one baked potato with butter for dinner tonight. Just the beginning the day and munching on carrot sticks while doing this blog, I will update you on how it went tomorrow!

I'll see you tomorrow on my journey to beautiful skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment